• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF560SEHZ00 Will not go into diagnostic mode

Dwane

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF560SEHZ00
Brand
Whirlpool
My customer bought this fridge new a couple years ago. Installed in one of his apartments. Tenant complained it wasn't staying cold enough. He took it out and put another fridge in and later when he plugged in the faulty fridge it seemed to work so he put it in another apartment but later got the same complaint. Now 2 years later it's in his shop and they asked me to figure out what is going on with it.

It is cooling and keeping ice froze but it will not go into diagnostic mode. I replaced the control board with part W11035836. It still didn't go into diagnostic mode and even though lights and user interface works the compressor wouldnt come on even after 10 minutes or so.

Even though I figure the chances of getting a bad board from the manufacturer are extremely slim the supply house warrantied out the board and got me another one. I installed it with same results. Lights but no cooling even after 10 - 15 minutes. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure you are doing it right?

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, try again.

Here's the control board for your model:
Cntrl-Elec W11035836

It is cooling and keeping ice froze but it will not go into diagnostic mode. I replaced the control board with part W11035836. It still didn't go into diagnostic mode and even though lights and user interface works the compressor wouldnt come on even after 10 minutes or so.
That doesn't make sense, if its cooling keeping ice frozen, the compressor MUST be running or it would be warm inside.

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10641018-RevA.pdf
    932.3 KB · Views: 37

Dwane

Premium Member
I agree that it doesn't make sense. And yes everything is operating fine......right now......with the original board in it. My customer said his two tenants complained that it will stop keeping the fresh food section as cool as it needed to be. So I was thinking damper or thermistor but then when I couldn't get it into diagnostic mode I suspected the board was flakey. So I replaced the board and that's when the compressor wouldn't come on....even after 10 to 15 minutes. And it wouldn't go into diagnostic mode with the new board either.

I have the tech sheet and made sure I was going through the steps right but after all the LEDs light up it chimes and acts like you just plugged it in and goes into normal standby mode. So I put the old board back in, waited 2 or 3 minutes and on comes the compressor, condenser fan, and evap fan. I'm stumped! I'm willing to admit I could be making a mistake but I've followed directions on many tech sheets from many different appliances and successfully put them into diagnostic mode.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So I replaced the board and that's when the compressor wouldn't come on....even after 10 to 15 minutes. And it wouldn't go into diagnostic mode with the new board either.
So I put the old board back in, waited 2 or 3 minutes and on comes the compressor, condenser fan, and evap fan.
You got a faulty new control board, contact the place where you got it at and they should be able to send you another new one.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.