• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF560SFYW00 - freezer water pool

baresi

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF560SFYW00
Brand
Whirlpool
I am noticing pool of water that seems to happen in the middle of night under my WRF560SFYW00 (white whirlpool french door, freezer below the fridge).
Strangely the water seems to originate from the front left corner of the freezer so I thought may be the freezer door seal is bad but doesn't look like it, to me at least. The food inside the freeze is well frozen.
The inside of the freezer looks to have a back panel of sorts without any clips only screws (although the fridge does have clips...) I am wondering if it is a drain hole clogging issue and if I have to find it by unscrewing the inside of the freezer.

Any advice appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it sounds like the defrost drain hole/line/tube is clogged up, not letting the defrost drain water drain into your drain pan.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#7 is the defrost drain trough with the drain hole in it
#5 is the evaporator coil where the drain trough sits below it

You'd need to remove everything from the freezer and remove the freezer back panel to access the drain trough.

This video gives you the general idea of how to do it:

Also, pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel and get a flashlight and locate the drain tube coming down from the freezer and remove it and see if its clogged.

Here's the drain tube for your model:
W11190084 Tube-Drain

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake