• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF736SDAM11 Ice Maker Leaks

Dan'l

Model Number
WRF736SDAM11
Brand
Whirlpool
I am hoping that you can help. My ice maker is leaking water out of the door and into the ice bin. It continues to leak until the water exits the bottom of the ice bin and down the inside of the left refrigerator door. The ice maker is properly making ice, but the leaking water of course turns the cubes into a solid block. Before finding this blog site, I assumed that the secondary valve was not fully shutting off. I replaced that, but it still leaks. My temporary solution is to cover the ice level sensor with a piece of blue masking tape, and that does stop the leak.

After I found this blog, I learned of the diagnostic mode - thank you for that! I performed some tests, and had the following results:
Test 56: E0 - no errors, functioning ice maker.
Test 36: Ice box fan is operational (and I could hear the fan running).
Test 37: 01 - ice box thermistor passed.
Test 57: 21 - ice harvesting completed (and I could hear the motor running).
Test 58: 01 initially, I toggled the ice box heater on and it showed 11 for several seconds and then changed to 10 - seems to be working.

Given the E0 error code, and the other tests all seem to be passing, I am at a loss for what the root cause is. It seems that the ice maker is not properly sensing that the mold if full of water, so it continues to fill until it overflows.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It seems that the ice maker is not properly sensing that the mold if full of water, so it continues to fill until it overflows.
You are absolutely right, replace the ice maker and that will fix it.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
whirlpool-icemaker-wpw10764668-ap6024044_01_m.jpg

Jake