• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF736SDAM13 Ice maker down!!!

drrakruz

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF736SDAM13
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,
New to this forum. Have the above french door fridge/bottom drawer freezer. Reading lots about ice makers that stopped working. I have the same situation, water dispenser works, ice does not produce. Downloaded the tech service PDF. There are no codes on the front touch panel. I have a major background in auto tech, and have repaired some appliances. Is there a diagnostic tool to pull codes from this model, and if so, where do you yours? I don't want to start replacing parts. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, lets make sure the temperature in the ice maker compartment reads under 10 degrees. It has to be under 10 degrees at all times for the ice maker to cycle own its own and drop ice.

Do you have a freezer thermometer? If not, you can get them at Walmart, Target get the RED liquid or digital style.

If your freezer and ice maker compartment are both below 10 degrees, then do Service Test 56. I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

To enter test mode press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds. Release both buttons when you hear the CHIME indicator. Unit must not be in Lockout prior to entering test mode. The display will show 01 to indicate the control is in test 1 of the diagnostics routine.

Dispenser Display.jpg

To exit test mode press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds or unplug the machine
Press SW5 to move to the next test in the sequence. Press SW4 to back up in the sequence to the previous test.

Each test is displayed in the two digits of the dispenser user interface display.

The test results are displayed in the two digits on dispenser user interface display 2 seconds after the test number is displayed.

DO--->Service Test - 56 Ice Maker Error Codes
--->Displays active Ice Maker Error Codes on the UI display.
E0 = No Errors, Functioning IceMaker.
E1 = No Cooling, IM timed out. Ice compt. unable to reach desired temps. Possible cooling or fan issue.
E2 = Motor Lost Position, IM didn't find home during harvest and exceeded Max attempts. Check for obstructions in IM, If none found verify operation of IM.
E3 = Heater Time-out, Ice mold heater was "ON" longer than Max allowable. IM heater is driven to a temp., if temp. not reached a time delay shuts it down. Possible heater issue.
E4 = Dry Cycle, Unit detected dry-cycles above Min rqmt. Possible valve or frozen fill tube.
E5 = IM Bad Thermistor, Ice Storage temp satisfied but Ice Mold in frozen state to long. Possible an ice mold thermistor issue.

Jake

Attachments

• W10568023 .pdf
    828.4 KB · Views: 19

drrakruz

Premium Member
Thank you for the response Jake. I did not notice any food defrosting in the freezer but I will check the temp shortly. Aside from that, I was able to get into diagnostic mode, ran test 56. The E2 code came up BUT it passed both CHECKS clockwise and counterclockwise. (01 came up on two separate checks). I then ran check 59 and 57. The only message that came up on the panel was the “replace filter” message in RED. Already replaced the filter so I’m still scratching my head. I did read something about the water pressure switch, but have not dug past this point.

Thoughts as to how the ice maker passed diagnostics but the E2 code is still showing? I physically watched the auger move full revolutions both ways.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

drrakruz

Premium Member
So miraculously, ice maker is now working. Do you think running the diagnostic reset the timing on auger? These are the kind of abstract “glitches” drive me nuts!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly yes.(y)

Glad to hear your back in business!

Jake