• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF736SDAM13 My stepdaughter tried to remove the filter today and once again it will not turn.

njchoochoo1

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF736SDAM13
Brand
Whirlpool
Good Day,

After replacing the water filter cartridge housing and replacing the water filter I successfully removed the new one just after installing. My stepdaughter tried to remove the filter today and once again it will not turn. I have her trying to remove the shelf below to ensure the filter door is completely open and if that doesn’t work I’ll have her kill the power to the unit and take some water out of the line to see if it’s a pressure issue. I did install the correct filter. Is this going to be an every time occurrence? Again, I appreciate your assistance. I have included my original post below and please note that I’m not sure the next time I’m visiting but will update as I can.

Stan

Good Day,

My step daughter has the above referenced refrigerator and the water filter will not release. I have drained some water from the line, tried channel locks as I could not turn it with no luck. It’s possible that an incorrect filter was installed and that’s causing the issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I hope this message finds everyone well.”

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Stan, she must be using a aftermarket filter because this problem does NOT re-occur time after time when using the OEM filter.

Here's your thread from last year:

Ask her where she is buying the water filter from and the price of it.

This is the OEM Water Filter for her model:
EDR2RXD1 Whirlpool Everydrop Ice and Water

Jake

njchoochoo1

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure it’s an aftermarket as she does try to save some money. If that’s the case it looks like a cartridge holder replacement again? Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Stan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Stan, new cartridge holder again:
whirlpool-housing-w11194438-ap6286925_03_m.jpg

You know she would save money in the long run to just pay extra for the OEM water filter, rather than to keep replacing the entire cartridge holder with the new filter every time she needed a filter, you know what I mean?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake

njchoochoo1

Premium Member
Hi again. I replaced the cartridge and have the exact cartridge as indicated above. Let’s see what happens this time. Again my thanks for all of the assistance.

Stan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Stan.(y)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.