• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF757SDEM01 - Ice Maker Leaking into Door Dispenser

gtpstealth

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF757SDEM01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi,
Our Whirlpool WRF757SDEM01 ice maker is leaking out the door dispenser, I have confirmed its not the water,
only when ice is in the bucket. I checked temps they are default. I did see when I have the
bucket out and water is in the bucket it leaks from the bottom of ice bucket, should it do that ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope.

We need to know the exact temperature where the ice bucket sits. Put a freezer thermometer in where the ice bucket sits and tell us what it reads in 2 hours.

Jake

gtpstealth

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Realized it had stopped running, would come on for a couple minutes then turn off, i cleaned underneath, behind and front including coils....some dog hair... It still wasnt coming on, unplugged for 30 seconds and now running fine, and staying cold, maybe defrost timer ? If so where is it ? If not any suggestions? Thanks for quick response.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your model doesn't use a defrost timer, the defrost circuit goes through the main control board. You will need to replace the main control board to fix this problem.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:

Jake

gtpstealth

Premium Member
Jake,

Is the only way to know for sure this board (shows out of stock BTW) is bad is to wait to see if it stops running again ? So far still cold and running.

Dennis

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Dennis, that's how we determine the control board is the problem, through process of elimination.:)

Yes, I noticed it was out-of-stock most everywhere I checked as well.

It probably due to the lack of microchips we are suffering from right now, you should see the new car/truck lot at my local Chevy dealer in Parker, Arizona, its very empty, I was there yesterday talking to my Salesman Friend about it.

Jake

gtpstealth

Premium Member
The fix, all be it probably temporary was to unplug for a couple minutes and plug it back. So far this resolved it but planning on purchasing a board anyway. Appreciate all of your help.

Dennis

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The fix, all be it probably temporary was to unplug for a couple minutes and plug it back. So far this resolved it but planning on purchasing a board anyway
Yes, because if it happens once it will happen again.

Jake

gtpstealth

Premium Member
Jake,

With this new noise which sounds like its coming from the evaporator fan or motor. I assume no way the board would have anything to do with it? Was going to order board but thinking about purchasing motor and or fan ? Its not a loud noise but when fan kicks on the wife finds it annoying:)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What new noise? You never mentioned a noise issue in your previous posts.

Here's the evaporator fan motor for your model:
W11032800 Motor-Evap

Jake