• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRS325FDAM04 Light switch issue

Troym

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS325FDAM04
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello there! First time homeowner here (moved in Aug 1st) and sadly I have inherited a Whirlpool refrigerator. Since move in, the LEDs have not been working. All three light would flicker within their motherboards but nothing illuminating. Instead of playing the guessing game on which LED to replace - I found a 3 pack on Amazon.

Today I installed all three and the lights never came on and the flickering was nonexistent. I started messing with the light switch and after flicking it about 5x - lights came on. Buuuut now the issue is with the light switch. After 10 mins of fighting with the switch, I finally have it removed - but not I’m stuck on this portion. I can’t get it disconnected. I attached a photo - looks like the wiring should be able to disconnect from the clear portion or am I wrong? I’d appreciate any advice you can give. What a constant battle this has been.

Attachments

• 5B9DB82C-A931-45BF-9AEF-5A0FE65FABA4.jpeg
    5B9DB82C-A931-45BF-9AEF-5A0FE65FABA4.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 35

Troym

Premium Member
Adding to - additionally now all lights on the water/ice dispenser are now off and not working. Eww boy.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Once you verify the freezer door switch is good, put it back in place and read my post here:

Also see if the freezer LED light comes on at all first.

Your model uses the exact same LED light modules.

If the freezer LED is not coming on or flashing, Tell me what volts you get on the FREEZER side LED Module: J2-1(RED) to J2-2(GRAY) 11-14 Volts DC is normal.

Here's the freezer section LED module for your model:
LED Light WPW10515057

Jake

Troym

Premium Member
Thanks for the responses. Sadly I do not own a multimeter (yet). But I did attach a video about what is going on. The freezer lights work but the switch is inconsistent. I’ll look for a multimeter this weekend. Any specific one for just “around the house” type of work you recommend?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the multimeter to do that ohm test with. Or you can get a multimeter at any hardware store.

Watch this video below, it shows you how to use the multimeter:

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.