• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRS325FDAW04 Freezer Light Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maytag Blues

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS325FDAW04
Brand
Whirlpool
I read some threads with similar model numbers but none with the exact same model.

The refrigerator is a Whirlpool model WRS325FDAW04.

My freezer light went out. Both refrigerator lights are working.

If I unplug any connectors from the freezer or top refrigerator lights all lights stop working.

The top light in the refrigerator section is a W10515058 with two connectors. At the connector with the yellow and white wires I read 256mv on the AC scale and zero on the DC scale. I am thinking I got a bad probe connection here since the light works. At the connectors for the yellow and red wires I get 36V DC with the yellow and white wires connected to the board. Further indication I didn't get an accurate reading at the yellow and white wires and that the voltage being supplied there is okay.

The freezer light is a W10515057 with one two wire connector. I made some probes out of paper clips to get a good reading there and I get 29.3V DC at that connector.

I think this indicates the freezer light is bad but wanted to seek advice before ordering.

One other observation: At first when the freezer light stopped working the refrigerator lights were remaining dim. While I was accessing the refrigerator light for testing both refrigerator lights switched to normal brightness. After all the poking and prodding the refrigerator lights are back to normal operation. They are dim at first open and gradually brighten to normal brightness.

Maytag Blues

Premium Member
I will leave the thread up for future search. I found a freezer light module for $29 shipped so I went ahead and ordered that. If it doesn't fix my problem I will order the top light assembly.

I will update after I receive and install the freezer light.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The retail price is about $85, I'd be very leery of someone who said they can send it to you for $29 shipped. Its likely a aftermarket freezer module that will either not work at all or work for a very short time and give out again.

Its always best to get the OEM freezer module.

Here's the OEM freezer LED module for your model:
LED Light WPW10515057

Yes, let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

Maytag Blues

Premium Member
I already have it ordered so I will see how it works out for me. The part I ordered appears to just be the LED board without the lens. It should just snap into the lens assembly.

My refrigerator lights are back to remaining dim.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, got it!

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Maytag Blues

Premium Member
UPDATE: After USPS finally got the part to me it seems to work fine.

The generic board has none of the surface mount components seen on the original except for one surface mount resistor on the LED side. It snapped in the lens and works perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_2778.JPG
    IMG_2778.JPG
    515.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 74

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin