• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRS571CIDM01 - Ice Maker - No Water Fill

afoote92

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS571CIDM01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello everyone,

My ice maker recently stopped functioning on my Whirlpool refrigerator, but the water dispenser continues to work. Water filter was replaced about a week ago.

Ran Diagnostic Mode tests 45 and 44.

Test 44: Ice tray will rotate to dump ice, and arm will move down to check ice level.
Test 45: Ice tray moves to home position, I can hear the pump activate when I tell it to move forward to step 3, and pause when I tell it to move to step 4, but no water is being dispensed into the tray. Confirmed by running test 44 after 45 and having it dump the tray.

Unsure of what the cause may be. Any thoughts or steps I should take to diagnose next?

Thank you in advance

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

afoote92

Premium Member
Thank you for pointing that out. I'm going to bet my water inlet valve is clogged. I've got a mix of copper pipes and older cast iron pipes. Whenever the water gets turned off I end up having to clear out the Aerators in my sinks from sediment. I'll check that out and get back to you.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, the water dispenser works so you can eliminate the isolation valve, the water filter and water tank as being the problem. It's either the water valve or the ice maker. Here's a water schematic for a similar model.
R-Water schematic Whirlpool.jpg

afoote92

Premium Member
Is it possible to swap the outputs on the dual valve in order to test it? I haven’t gotten a chance to open up the back of the unit yet with working and chores, might not get a chance til Friday.

rickgburton

Staff member
No, different size water lines. It's easier to just disconnect it than it is to swap it. It's also behind the machine.

afoote92

Premium Member
Do I disconnect the lines while it’s on then just go into test mode to try to make the ice fill go? Or am I way off base on how to test this?

rickgburton

Staff member
Yes, run test 45 and use the change settings key to toggle between fill and pause fill. With your meter leads in the back of the connector on the yellow coil you'll be able to tell if the ice maker is sending 120V to the coil and if water comes out of the valve. The valve has quick disconnects. Push the collar in and pull the water line out. Remove the screws in the valve mounting bracket so you can maneuver the valve around.

auerswaldgary

Premium Member
I have a similar problem, no water to ice tray. When I enter the diagnostic mode no mater what I am doing it says order filter then switches to replace filter.
When I run 44 it does rotate the tray fine but then gives me code 23. When I go to 45 it sits at 01 during both of this the display say change filter. I have changed several times in the past couple months but I did it again just to check. FYI water dispenser works fine with lots of pressure. Advice would be apricated. I have replace the icemaker and the dual value under the refrigerator.

Robert4

Premium Member
@auerswaldgary Do you have have the same model? WRS571CIDM01

Check to see if there are any broken wires at bottom hinge of the freezer door, like this:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That I don't know Robert, this one is a real mystery.

Its best to contact Whirlpool come out to investigate this problem.

Jake