• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRS571CIDM01 Ice maker not making ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookiemechanic

Premium Member
I have the same issue so bought new ice maker. I just installed new ice maker and went to troubleshoot mode. Step 44 is giving me same result? 23 code says motor or switch fault. Since the ice maker is new the motor should be good. Is there a switch somewhere that could be bad. Or other thoughts why I am getting same issue with new ice maker?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I located another thread with this similar issue and the problem was broken wires underneath the freezer door.

The thread I'm posting below is a KitchenAid which Whirlpool owns, and it uses the exact same ice make your Whirlpool does.

Here's that thread:
Yes i agree with Rick, and since yours is a side by side: Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker/and or auger motor to be dead. Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know what you find.

Jake

So check for broken wires and let us know what you find.

Jake

Rookiemechanic

Premium Member
I checked the wires and they are good. I ran test 48 and it shows ice bucket present even when I remove it. Could it be bad ice bucket sensor? If sensor is bad should I be able to still run test 44 and 45? These tests don’t run. Test 44 shows code 23. Test 45 is basically locked. What is interesting is when I put new icemaker in and ran test 45 if did fill with water. When I ran test 44 it showed code 23. I went back to run test 45 and it wouldn’t run.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the exact same model number WRS571CIDW00 Read it from the model number tag which is located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Here's your ice maker tech data sheet that has troubleshooting in it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cM55ONghMG_V99Hdd-ysfueTDjV9Uvsq

Here's the ice maker for your model:
W10873791 Ice Maker

Yes, check the ice maker switches, they are number #12 and #13 here:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Rookiemechanic

Premium Member
The troubleshooting guide was very helpful, Thanks! It indicates icemaker is the problem. Will return the potential defective one and try another new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know what happens.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.