• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRS571CIDW00 Ice maker not making ice

CapnC

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS571CIDW00
Brand
Whirlpool
Ice maker just stopped making ice. This is a side-by-side refrigerator with the ice maker in the freezer door. Thanks to this forum and YouTube I found two broken wires at the bottom of the freezer door (yellow and black). I repaired them and went into the troubleshooting mode steps 44 and 45.

When starting in step 44 the reading was 23, using the change setting key (3) I set it to 1 and after a few seconds it flipped to 12... then 23 again. I went to step 45 and it opened at 01, after a reasonable wait I tried to change it but it would not change. Any advice will be appreciated. Water valve? Motor? Circuit beaker? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know what you find.

Jake

CapnC

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I made it part way through the service guide but soon realized that I would need my voltmeter which I destroyed at the start of the summer working on my A/C, so it will be a while before I return to this project. Rest assured however I will report results someday. Also the picture of the icemaker you supplied is not the correct one, no problem however since it contained a link to the correct one. Best regards.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The photo of your ice maker is perfect, I don't know why you said it wasn't.

Here's our other parts suppliers photo of it:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No worries.:)

Jake