• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRS571CIDW00 Ice maker not working

hank1111

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS571CIDW00
Brand
Whirlpool
I found broken wires at the bottom of the freezer door and fixed them . Now the ice dispenser works but still not making ice. Does anyone know what the color code for the wires going to the icemaker are? I didn't see any other visible wires broken.

Attachments

• IMG_7320.JPG
    IMG_7320.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 23

hank1111

Premium Member
Ice maker just stopped making ice. This is a side-by-side refrigerator with the ice maker in the freezer door. Thanks to this forum and YouTube I found two broken wires at the bottom of the freezer door (yellow and black). I repaired them and went into the troubleshooting mode steps 44 and 45.

When starting in step 44 the reading was 23, using the change setting key (3) I set it to 1 and after a few seconds it flipped to 12... then 23 again. I went to step 45 and it opened at 01, after a reasonable wait I tried to change it but it would not change. Any advice will be appreciated. Water valve? Motor? Circuit beaker? Thank you.
where do I find the troubleshooting modes?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I didn't want to answer the same question twice so I moved you to your own thread. Is the model number correct?
I didn't see any other visible wires broken.
The constant twisting motion can cause the wires to break inside the wire insulation. Cut the tape off the wire bundle and give each wire a tug. I'm about 90% certain that's where the problem is. Locate your tech sheet probably located behind the lower panel or taped to the bottom. That will tell you how to get into service mode.