• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool refrigerator WRT318FZDB01 not cooling

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You gotta be kidding me...an analog meter?? Why an analog meter?? Well, It will work. Once you figure out how it works check the element and defrost thermostat.

jewelsfaye

Premium Member
hey now!!!! i am no professional. Theres no need for all that!! :) LOL i guess i can you tube it. and your attatchment helped me have a better understanding of this meter. would you mind telling me what the difference is between what you suggested and what i bought? if you dont mind.
and if you have any tips or suggestions that could help..??? please!!!
thank you so much

jewelsfaye

Premium Member
ok so i have a question, i have just finished defrosting all the coils, and i gotta tell you, im a bit nervous about trying to use that multimeter.
so my question would be, the problem i am having here with my freezer would require 1 of 2 parts???? either the defrost heater, or the evaportor thermistor? and, if i am understanding this correctly, which part do you think it most likey could be? i really just want to get this done and like i said, that mm makes me nervous. i have admit, i prefer plumbing over electricty. :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, it just came off, that has nothing to do with your cooling problem.

You started this thread in Oct. 4th 2019, This is already January 9th 2020 and we need to wrap this up, if your leery of using a multimeter then its best to have a tech. come out to do it for you.:)

I posted your evaporator thermistor in post #4.

Rick posted your defrost heater and control board in post #10 and tells you how to ohm test your evaporator thermistor and defrost heater.:)

Its very simple, its a process of elimination--->If your evaporator thermistor and defrost heater ohm test good, then the only part left that controls the auto defrost is the control board.:)

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When you're checking continuity the refrigerator is unplugged so nothing can hurt you, unless you cut your hand on a sharp metal piece so be careful.