• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRT318FZDM02 - Freezing fresh foods.

NolPol

Model Number
WRT318FZDM02
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi All,

I have been having some trouble lately with my Whirlpool Fridge, about a week ago I noticed a strange noise coming from the fridge almost like a whooshing (more like when you have a garden hose and are filling a kiddie pool and it hits the plastic), then my fresh food was starting to freeze.

What I have done so far has taken the panel off the back bottom portion of the fridge to clear out any debris/dust/pet hair. I have also taken apart the inside of the freezer and looked at it. I will attach pictures here. It looks like its freezing in one spot, I am not sure if that is what it typically looks like. I let it melt and dry out and tried to re-adhere the adhesive where the frozen bit was, but doesn't seem to do the trick - in 24-48 hours its already rebuilding back up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6146.jpg
    IMG_6146.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6145.jpg
    IMG_6145.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6144.jpg
    IMG_6144.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6143.jpg
    IMG_6143.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6131.jpg
    IMG_6131.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 81

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If frost is only forming in that one spot it would usually indicate a refrigeration system problem. The sound you heard might possibly have been the sound of refrigerant leaking out but not necessarily.

It will need a qualified refrigeration technician to look into further. Check your warranty papers as the sealed system may be warranted for up to 5 years. For any warranty you'll need to call a Whirlpool factory authorized service depot or Whirlpool them self to arrange service.

I however don't see how the fridge compartment could freeze food with it only frosting that minimal amount.

Dan O.