• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRV976FDEM01 no lights on inside and the deli draw no power as well

Water101

Premium Member
Model Number
WRV976FDEM01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi

My Whirlpool WRV976FDEM01 started to have an issue today. It is just under 4 years old. There is power to the front panel so I can control the temp, ice maker etc. When I open the fridge there are no lights on inside and the deli draw which lights up and allows you to cycle through different settings has no power as well. The water does not work nor does the ice dispenser. They both worked 4 hours ago. Both the fridge and Freezer are both still cold.

I reset my breaker on my panel and that did not change anything. I unplugged it and plugged it in again still no change. The plug is working as I tested it with a light so it is not an issue at the plug.

Not sure what the issue could be

Any advise would be greatly appriciated

Water101

Premium Member
OK after seeing some post on similar models I disconnected the pantry UI board and the lights and water and ice started to work. So that's great as I know my fridge will still keep food cold. I then plugged the UI board back in and it started to work as well. Wonder if it was just an electrical lock or if the board should be replaced. I did get an extended warranty with the fridge so they are scheduled to come out next week.

Anything I should get them to check besides the pantry board

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Water101

Premium Member
well even after the board replacement a month later it is doing the same thing again. This time it is also not cooling so the fridge and freezer are way above there set temps. Also unplugging the pantry board and unplugging the fridge did not have the lights come back on or the water to work. Any idea's

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok now--->Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and unplug the refrigerator, then remove the cover over the circuit boards on the exterior back wall of the refrigerator, then disconnect all the wire connections to the Aurora board and plug the refrigerator back in and see if that resolves this issue, if so you will need a new Aurora board to fix this problem. If it does not resolve the issue you will need a new main control board to fix this problem.

Here's the LED light board(aka Aurora board) for your model:
W10804160 Cntrl-Elec

Here's the main control board for your model:
WPW10675033

Let us know what happens.

Jake

Water101

Premium Member
Thanks I will give that a shot Tomorrow. For what ever reason it started working again and got the fridge temp down to 33 degrees and all the lights and ice and water work. I have moved everything to another fridge and freezer to I get it solved. Thanks for the way to determine the issue

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake