• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRV986FDEM01 deli drawer replacement and doesn't make ice

AmberKin

Premium Member
Model Number
WRV986FDEM01
Brand
Whirlpool
We had a repair service come out to look at our refrigerator because it doesn't make ice and was told our drawer is broken and isnt closing properly (the drawer with the deli/soda/meat panel) causing warm air to get in. Is it possible to get the parts and replace this on our own?

Attachments

• Invoice.jpg
    Invoice.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 22

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I assume it is the 'pantry door' they are referring to?

Those are not overly common parts. I had a hard time finding anyone with them in stock or anyone with even photos of them to show you!

The only pic of the pantry drawer panel I could find:
LINK > Pantry Door, SS # W10815674 (has pic, NO stock)

Some components in stock
LINK > Pantry Door, SS # W10815674 (no pic, IN stock)
LINK > Pantry Drawer Track, LH W11294518 (no pic, IN stock)
LINK > Pantry Drawer Track, RH W11294519 (no pic, NO stock)

All parts shown as 'in stock', no or poor pictures.
LINK > Pantry Door, SS # W10815674 (IN stock, pic of shipping box only?)
LINK > Pantry Drawer Track, LH W11294518 (IN stock, no pic)
LINK > Pantry Drawer Track, RH W11294519 (IN stock, no pic)

As to whether you can replace them yourself, I have no idea.

Dan O.

AmberKin

Premium Member
Yes! We were able to fix the track on the drawer to get it to close properly. The repairman didn't want to test anything after seeing the Drawer was off track so I just have to figure out if we can do anything about the error codes ourselves. We're getting E5 on test 56 and 10 on test 58 but passing the others so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the links!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes! We were able to fix the track on the drawer to get it to close properly.
Glad to hear that.(y)

The repairman didn't want to test anything after seeing the Drawer was off track so I just have to figure out if we can do anything about the error codes ourselves. We're getting E5 on test 56 and 10 on test 58 but passing the others so we'll see how it goes.
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Service Test - 56 Ice Maker Error Codes
--->Displays active Ice Maker Error Codes on the UI display. (E0 = No Errors, E1 = No Cooling, E2 = Motor Lost Position, E3 = Heater Time-out, E4 = Dry Cycle, E5 = Timed Ice Making).

E5 = Timed ice making--->This code indicates the ice maker thermistor is warmer than 16° and the ice bin thermistor has been below 45° for 3 hours. An E5 can be the result of a defective IM thermistor, bin
thermistor, loose thermistor connection, ice box fan not running or a cooling issue.

So the first thing you will want to do is put a thermometer in the ice maker compartment and tell us what it reads after a couple hours. You can get freezer thermometers are Walmart or Target, get the liquid or digital type, not the dial type.

Do you hear the ice maker fan motor running?

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10849496-RevA.pdf
    589.9 KB · Views: 19

AmberKin

Premium Member
We have one of the laser infrared thermometers that says the temp is 19° right now. It has gotten down to 14° and made a few ice cubes in the door ice maker but none in the bottom ice maker. It sounds like it's running to me.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The colder it is the faster it makes ice, normally you'd want it 10 degrees F. or lower at all times.

but none in the bottom ice maker.
You mean in the ice maker in the freezer? Check the fill tube that goes to that freezer ice maker and see if its clogged up with ice.

Jake