• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRV986FDEM01 icemaker not receiving water

osp1560

Premium Member
Model Number
WRV986FDEM01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, I have a Whirlpool WRV986FDEM01 Fridge with a lower inside-the-freezer icemaker. The lower tray is not receiving water. I loaded the mold and was successful in producing ice. The mold will not load itself. I tried blowing through the line from the lower valve to the lower ice maker and found it clogged. Any assistance would be great!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your data sheet below, do Service Test - 19 Ice Maker Fill Tube Heater Status

Here's the main control board for your model:
Refrigerator Control Board WPW10675033

Here's the fill tube and heater assembly for the lower freezer ice maker:
Now, for that freezer ice maker fill tube that keeps getting iced up, the heater circuit for that is on the LED light board(aka Aurora board) at connector P2-3 to P2-4.
Screenshot 2022-06-21 17.14.05.png

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and unplug the refrigerator, then remove the cover over the circuit boards on the exterior back wall of the refrigerator, then the Aurora board is very bottom board. Then when you are ready to volt test, plug the refrigerator in first.

In your tech data sheet when you do--->Service Test - 19 Ice Maker Fill Tube Heater Status--->Control the Ice Maker Fill Tube Heater by selecting SW3 (toggle between ON and OFF) (01 = ON, 02 = OFF). You should get voltage at P2-3 to P2-4 on that LED light board(aka Aurora board).

Here's the LED light board(aka Aurora board) for your model:
W10804160 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10849496-RevA.pdf
    589.9 KB · Views: 46

osp1560

Premium Member
Update. It must have thawed from hitting it with the hair dryer. I got ice. I will update if the is another failure and diagnosis.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, glad to hear that. Hope it doesn't freeze up again.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.