• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 compressor and condenser not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavez27

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
Whirpool WRX735SDBM00 Fridge, compressor and condenser not running. I did some reading around the forums and some diagnosing myself to make sure I identify the exact part I need before I purchase it. I have some doubts and need guidance.

Fridge started going warm the other day while I was away at work. Rapid onset. I believe I may have a bad control board after conducting some diagnosing, but I wanted to confirm with the experts in here first. Neither compressor or condenser fan kicks on after being plugged in. I get a single click sound (comes from control board area), condenser fan moves a bit and that's it. Evaporator fan runs.

Ohm readings on compressor and relay are normal. I tried testing ohms and continuity on the condenser fan motor itself and got nothing (not sure if I'm even supposed to get anything testing the fan).... But I'm ALSO not getting 120v at the condenser fan connector or the compressor relay connector. (Am i supposed to get 120v at these connectors?) Multimeter shows 1 volt. Do I have a bad condenser motor AND control board?? Confused.

Figured out how to get into diagnostic mode by reading in the forums. Tried to run "Service Test 4 - Compressor/Condenser Fan Motor" and got nothing. Tried to run the "Service test 5 - Compressor Status/Speed" but its not even accessible in diagnostic mode, it skips from 4 to 6...wondering if its a control board issue preventing that step...??

So i have just a control board issue or condenser fan and control board issue. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oscar

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Oscar, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Look at the schematic on it, you should be getting 120 volts from the Power Supply board to the Minotaur Iceland(aka main control board).

The Condenser fan motor and Compressor gets its voltage from P1-4(blue wire) on the main control board.

On the main control board, Measure the voltage at the following test points:

P1-1 to P1-2 = constant 115-120 Volts AC

Here's the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board W11035835

It looks like its out-of-stock at RepairClinic, but in-stock here: W11035835.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10814246 - Rev A.pdf
    605.9 KB · Views: 42

chavez27

Premium Member
Jake thanks for your guidance. I tested those points you instructed me to, and yes, the power supply was sending the required voltage to the control board as its supposed to. I got the new control board, swapped it over and voila, magic. Took a few seconds for the fan and compressor to kick in after plugging it in. Letting it run at the moment to make sure everything is fully operational before putting it back in service.

Initially I had also suspected a bad condenser fan motor but I may have not been testing it correctly.... not sure.

No clue what failed on the old control board, everything looks "normal" on it. As for why, I suspect it had to do with some recent power outages we've recently been experiencing. Either way, thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.