• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 door alarm not reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatiyar

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

My whirlpool's fridge door was left open for a long time by my kid, and since then the door alarm hasn't turned off and thus it can't dispense water. I have tried following this, but looking for a way to reset the alarm.

a) Plugged it off, and then turn on. It works after this, as in I can dispense water (but the alarm light is still on). When the inside LED is on, I have tried pushing the light switches and they turn off as expected.

b) Went in diagnostic mode, and ran test 16. I gives me code 02 (which is for door closed I believe). In this mode I also tried opening the fridge door and the code changed to 01, so I think this works as expected.

c) I also turned on my mobile in video mode, and then kept in the fridge and closed to the door to check if the lights go off when the fridge is closed. It does work as expected, when the doors closed, there was no light inside.

d) I also took out the door light switches and swapped left and right (incase the left one was faulty), but that didn't help.

e) I also took out the front control panel, took out all the wires and rewired them to fix any loose connections.

At this point, things look they are working properly expect that the sensor thinks that the door is open. If I can reset that somehow, hopefully everything will be back to normal again.

Thanks for your help !

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I also took out the front control panel, took out all the wires and rewired them to fix any loose connections.
The door alarm circuit is part of the control and there is no reset for it. Look for any blown caps on the board or bad traces. Here's the part you need:
whirlpool-ui-assembly-whp-wpw10521642-ap6022594_01_l.jpg

mkatiyar

Premium Member
Is there an easy way to find out blown caps ? Also, I read in some forums that fridge not levelled could be an issue ? How do I verify this, given my fridge hasnt moved in 5 yrs, could that still be an issue ?
I'm slightly hesitant to spend 350$s on the control panel, if that is not the issue. This started when my kid left the door open for a long time (so seems related to that, instead of a circuit problem)

rickgburton

Staff member
(so seems related to that, instead of a circuit problem)
A circuit is the path electricity takes that roughly starts and ends at the same place. Same place being the control. The door switch is part of the door alarm circuit. The control monitors the door openings. If one of the door switches remains open for a set length of time, the control sets the door alarm error. After the door is closed for a set length of time, the control stops displaying the door alarm. Your control still sees the door as open. You checked the door switch for continuity and it checks good. The door that was left open doesn't necessarily mean that's the door causing the door alarm error. It might be worth looking for a pinched or broken wire between the door switch and the control. Check where the wires go through the bottom hinge. If the door switch and wires check good, the process of elimination tells you the control is the only thing left.

mkatiyar

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply. I noticed that my freezer light doesn't turn off when the bottom freezer door is closed. Should that also turn off like the upper door lights ? Will the door alarm be turned on if the bottom freezer door is not closing properly ?

rickgburton

Staff member
Will the door alarm be turned on if the bottom freezer door is not closing properly ?
Absolutely. The control doesn't know what door is open only that a door is open.
I have tried pushing the light switches and they turn off as expected.
My bad, I read that wrong. I thought you checked the freezer door switch too.

mkatiyar

Premium Member
Issue is resolved !!!!

I had checked the upper door lights previously, but not the freezer lights. It looked like there was some ice build up there which was causing the switch to not close properly. Took a hair dryer and melted the ice, took out the switch and put it back in and everything worked !

Thanks for all your help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.