• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 Ice maker arm won't lower on new ice maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trichter269

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
My ice maker recently quit working so I bought a replacement. I ordered an OEM ice maker and after installing the arm I noticed it's stuck. I could find very little information about how the arm should work on a new warm ice maker so I plugged everything in finished the install. It's been about 4 hours and it doesn't appear to be working still. I'm not sure if I didn't something wrong or if perhaps I got a dud ice maker

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the OEM ice maker for your model, in case others need it too:
Ice Maker W10882923

Its currently in-stock here: https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/W10882923/4455397

It comes with new wiring that you MUST replace as well.

I've replaced many of these ice makers and the arm is semi-up when you install it, then after you install it and power is going to it the arm will start to move down and you will hear it FILL with water before it goes all the way down.

Watch this video:

Jake

Trichter269

Premium Member
I didn't replace the wiring harness but the plug on the front of the ice maker is identical. Is there any other reason the wiring harness must be replaced? The ice maker was on all night and didn't go through any of it's cycles. I apologize for not know all the technical terms but I greatly appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 20211120_103716.jpg
    20211120_103716.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 16

Trichter269

Premium Member
Sorry I'm new here. I don't think I replied to your post properly but commented on the thread. Also wanted to add that I did a resistance check on the new ice maker motor and could not get a reading from it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Whenever a part comes with a new wiring harness in it and includes the instruction sheet, you must follow that instruction sheet to install it properly or it will not work.

So, I'd at least remove the ice maker and follow the instruction sheet and put the new wiring harness in it and see if it works.

Like I mentioned I've replaced about 5 of these ice maker kits in the last couple years and of them worked perfect after I was done.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

Trichter269

Premium Member
I swapped the wire harness and that did the trick. While I was removing the old one I noticed the problem. A few of the ground wires on the ice maker had been pulled out of the plug. Thanks again for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.