• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 ice maker issues

mjschmid

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
I originally posted last year about my ice maker not working. I swapped the ice maker, ice maker harness and the water supply valve, to no avail.

After some more input from this site I replaced the fan motor on the ice maker housing even though in test mode it said the fan was fine. This solved the problem and my ice maker was working again.

However, recently I am back to having the same issues, then ice maker will only periodically make ice. Sometimes, it won’t produce ice for days, at other times it will make 2-3 batches if ice per day.

Could the fan be bad again? Does the damper control on the ice maker housing have anything to do with temp inside the ice box and could it be bad?

Any other thoughts?

mjschmid

Premium Member
I also just went and put it into service mode and check 36 and 37 again. Both give an 01 reading. When I start #36 I hear the fan start running, when I switch to #37 and hear the fan turn off and cycle down but there is also a faint click/ratcheting type sound that’s last for 2-3 seconds. This sound repeated 2 more times about 10 seconds apart.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have your email receipt for that ice maker fan motor you replaced last year? If so let us know where you bought it from, if it was a aftermarket fan motor, then its likely bad again.

We only recommend buying OEM parts, they last for years and years, aftermarket parts only last a short time.

Here's the ice maker fan motor for your model:
WPW10308033 Motor-Evap

Here's the video:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

mjschmid

Premium Member
I can not locate the receipt or order info. I thought I bought it from appliancepartspros.com but when I log in to the site and try to lookup past orders it only gives me the option for 2021 orders.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, no you didn't order it from AppliancePartsPros because it would say 2020 orders. In my AppliancePartsPros account I can see orders all the way back to 2009.:)

So its best to order it again, this time from AppliancePartsPros they only sell OEM parts.:)

Jake