• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 Ice Maker Not Working

Bob V

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

The ice maker on my Whirlpool refrigerator stopped working and so I ordered a replacement ice maker W10882923. I installed it yesterday, including the new wiring harness and I am still not getting any ice. The arm is up and the ice maker is not cycling. I tried jumping it using a short wire between T and H and nothing happens. I checked the voltage across holes L and N and I do not have 120 V. I checked continuity on the purple wire in the harness and it seemed okay, so I don't believe it is an issue with the fuse. Pushing the ice dispensing paddle does cause the auger motor to rotate. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have to hold in the door switches to check for 120 volts at L and N.

The arm should be down for it to make ice.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the ice maker for your model below.

whirlpool-icemaker-w10882923-ap6037857_01_l.jpg

Jake

Bob V

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. I did push the door switch when checking the voltage. I suspect there is an issue with the control board, I don't know what else it could be? I checked for continuity between the purple wire at the control board and in the harness in the ice box and it is continuous. The arm just stays up, even when trying to force through the harvesting cycle, it never goes down.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, and you can trace back the ice maker wiring to make sure your getting proper voltage to it.

--->Looks like its connector P3 Pin 3 on the main control board, where its says IM

Just put your meter probe on that P3 Pin 3 and the other meter probe on the WH(white) wire coming at Connector P1 Pin 2 and see if you get 120 volts, if not, then it is the main control board that's bad.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board W11035835

It looks like its out-of-stock at RepairClinic, and here too: W11035835.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10814246 - Rev A.pdf
    605.9 KB · Views: 10