• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 new icemaker stopped making ice.

draboo

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
I just replaced the icemaker in our fridge. It worked wonderfully for a few days, and now stopped making ice. Abruptly. There is no water in the icemaker. I replaced the icemaker/water dispencer pump before replacing the icemaker.

Here is a link to the last thread I started about the old icemaker:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you buy the ice maker from?

Did you replace the wiring that came with it? If not, you MUST do that or it will quit working.:)

Jake

draboo

Premium Member
I'm back! I replaced the new icemaker. I know I have the correct harness this time. It worked yesterday for a bit, half filled up with ice. I used all of the ice out of it before going to bed last night, and when I checked this morning, found that it is not producing ice again. I'm very confused.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you buy the ice maker from?

Also, put a freezer thermometer in the ice maker compartment and tell us what it reads. It needs to be a constant 10 degrees or lower at all times to make ice properly and consistently.

Jake

draboo

Premium Member
I think our refrigerator is possessed. The ice maker started working, filled up, and is making ice on a regular basis depending on how much we use. *sigh*. I do appreciate all the assistance I have received here. I bought the new icemaker from Amazon. It was packaged up exactly like the previous one with the same components. Hopefully, it will keep working now. thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't trust any parts from amazon or ebay.

So I think you'd better get the OEM ice maker and be done with it my friend.:)

Here's the OEM ice maker for your model:
whirlpool-icemaker-w10882923-ap6037857_01_l.jpg

Jake