• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 not dumping/harvesting ICE

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
It usually takes 3-6 hours for the first harvest cycle. Then it mostly depends on the temperature settings with 0°F being the optimal temp. I think the average harvest cycle is every 1.5 - 2 hours.
Hello again. I'm back from vacation and it didn't dump any more ice. Is the thermostat in the actual ice maker housing or the wiring harness? Need to know what to return. Thanks in advance

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
I got the replacement ice maker and it's doing the same thing. I'm tempted to replace the main board. Could it be that? I read about some PE code that I'll need but there is nothing after the word code on the sticker. Can you help again? Thank you in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
What's the voltage across L and N? Will it start a harvest cycle? Did you have any problems when you installed it? If you have 120 VAC across L and N, it won't be the board.

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
What's the voltage across L and N? Will it start a harvest cycle? Did you have any problems when you installed it? If you have 120 VAC across L and N, it won't be the board.
I will check back and report when I get home. It will harvest if I jump t and h

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
Also, I am hearing an intermittent tick, tick click noise from board area ever so often. Does the board control anything with ice or harvest?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK if it goes thru a harvest cycle the voltage at L and N will be 120 VAC. Does it fill with water at the end of the harvest cycle? Is there ice inside the ice maker? Check the yellow/blue wire for continuity between the board (P2-2) and the ice maker.

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
It fills with water and freezes the ice. Just won't harvest. Dumb question, when checking that wire for continunity-- can I ground the meter on the ice tray? Should power be off? I can test now.

rickgburton

Staff member
Whenever checking for continuity or measuring resistance the power is always off. One way, if your meter leads are not long enough, is to take a long wire and connect it to the yellow/blue wire. Make sure it's disconnected. Toss the rest of the wire over the top of the machine towards the control board. Disconnect the P2 connector from the board and measure between the yel/blu wire in the connector to the other wire.

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
Whenever checking for continuity or measuring resistance the power is always off. One way, if your meter leads are not long enough, is to take a long wire and connect it to the yellow/blue wire. Make sure it's disconnected. Toss the rest of the wire over the top of the machine towards the control board. Disconnect the P2 connector from the board and measure between the yel/blu wire in the connector to the other wire.
Yellow/blue wire does have continuity. I started monitoring the temp on the ice box/chest -- it seems to always be at 18-20F. I think it needs to be around 11 for ice to harvest. Anything I can do or check?

rickgburton

Staff member
Freezer needs to be at 0°F for optimal ice production. You're saying the freezer temperature is too warm and doesn't go below 18°F??

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
Freezer needs to be at 0°F for optimal ice production. You're saying the freezer temperature is too warm and doesn't go below 18°F??
I'm getting a temp of about 1F in freezer area (lower drawer). The ice box (in upper fridge part) is reading like 19F. Anything I can do on my end to check?

rickgburton

Staff member
Hmm.....The ice maker won't start a harvest cycle until the IM t-stat is below 17°F. I'm having a hard time believing 19° isn't cold enough, you should have the occasional harvest cycle. Have you tried setting the freezer colder? If the colder freezer can start a harvest cycle at least one time we can troubleshoot a temperature issue. What's the temp FF compartment. Does the ice maker currently have ice in the tray waiting for a harvest cycle to dump it? Go into service mode and run tests 36 and 37.