• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 not dumping/harvesting ICE

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
Hmm.....The ice maker won't start a harvest cycle until the IM t-stat is below 17°F. I'm having a hard time believing 19° isn't cold enough, you should have the occasional harvest cycle. Have you tried setting the freezer colder? If the colder freezer can start a harvest cycle at least one time we can troubleshoot a temperature issue. What's the temp FF compartment. Does the ice maker currently have ice in the tray waiting for a harvest cycle to dump it? Go into service mode and run tests 36 and 37.
mode and run tests 36 and 37.
When this first started, the ice would dump...rarely-intermittent. It doesn't dump at all now. There is frozen ice in tray. Will dump if I jump t/h. Lowered freezer temp to -3 when I first noticed. Freezer is -1F now. Food area is 33 now. Ice chest is 19-20f now. Test 36 turned on ice box fan and test 37 flashed 01, which I believes mean passed. Any other ideas? This is nuts!! UPDATE: 45 mins after running tests, ice dumped and called for water.... what the heck!!

Last edited:

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
When this first started, the ice would dump...rarely-intermittent. It doesn't dump at all now. There is frozen ice in tray. Will dump if I jump t/h. Lowered freezer temp to -3 when I first noticed. Freezer is -1F now. Food area is 33 now. Ice chest is 19-20f now. Test 36 turned on ice box fan and test 37 flashed 01, which I believes mean passed. Any other ideas? This is nuts!! UPDATE: 45 mins after running tests, ice dumped and called for water.... what the heck!!
Has not dumped ice since. Ran test again to see if it by chance triggers another dump. Ice is frozen in tray again ready to dump

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
Hmm.....The ice maker won't start a harvest cycle until the IM t-stat is below 17°F. I'm having a hard time believing 19° isn't cold enough, you should have the occasional harvest cycle. Have you tried setting the freezer colder? If the colder freezer can start a harvest cycle at least one time we can troubleshoot a temperature issue. What's the temp FF compartment. Does the ice maker currently have ice in the tray waiting for a harvest cycle to dump it? Go into service mode and run tests 36 and 37.
Has not dumped ice since. Ran test again to see if it by chance triggers another dump. Ice is frozen in tray again ready to dump. UPDATE: ICE DID DUMP again about 35 mins after second test. Any ideas?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Ran test again
36? The ice box fan test turns the fan on and that triggers a harvest cycle. That brings us back to the fan not working and would explain the 20° difference between the freezer and icebox. But you said the fan is working. Do you think it's intermittent or not turning fast enough? If you can determine why there's a 20° difference, you'll find the problem.

Fridge-Help123

Premium Member
Is the ice box fan supposed to run 24/7. Can we deduce that it's not board related and I try to replace fan? I don't know if fan is running 'fast' enough. Thank you. You have been really helpful.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
We can't deduce anything. The ice maker is not cold enough. I believe that's why the ice maker isn't going into a harvest cycle but I could be wrong. You replaced the ice maker a couple times. Did you get all the air seals back in the correct positions ? Are the seals letting any air in? Are the vents blocked with frost? The fan should be on whenever the compressor is running. Clean the coils under the machine and see if that makes a difference.