• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 stopped making ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

draboo

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have the same refrigerator with the same icemaker. I replaced the water valve first and no ice, so I thought I'd try to get it to cycle with the jumper, as in post number 9. The Icemaker does nothing when I use the jumper wire. This issue happened after we got home from a month long vacation. It worked fine before that.My wife turned off the icemaker and emptied it before we left. I don't understand how sitting for a month could destroy an icemaker while it was shut off, but it's beginning to sound like it. Any thoughts would be appreciated before I invest in another icemaker. Thank you!

draboo

Premium Member
We emptied and shut off icemaker before vacation. Turned it back on and no ice. I thought it wasn't filling, so I installed a new water pump thinking the icemaker half failed. No improvement. I took off the cover of the icemaker, taped the door switch so the light went off, and jumped it with a wire like in the attachment. It does not cycle. I shut off the icemaker with the control panel and for some reason, tried to jump it again with a wire that was bare, and found out there is indeed power between those two points when the icemaker is off! Anyway, the only thing we did prior to this problem was to shut it off with the control panel and empty the ice from the bin. Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• icemaker test.jpg
    icemaker test.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 22

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check for 120 VAC across holes “L” and “N”. If the voltage is 0V unplug the ice maker and check for 120 VAC in the connector. You may need to hold the door switch in.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK replace the ice maker:
whirlpool-icemaker-w10882923-ap6037857_01_l.jpg

draboo

Premium Member
I ordered and replaced the icemaker from the link you provided. This morning we have a full ice container. It wasn't too bad of a swap. Thank you Rick for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.