• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM00 Water Flow Low

sbattisti

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM00
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi all,

Having a problem with low flow in my Whirlpool WRX735SDMB0 fridge. Flow is the same whether the filter is in or out. I found this thread below that looks like it could solve my problem:

Just thought I would check, is there anything in particular I should try to know whether that thread is likely to resolve our issue?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if replaced the water filter and if you have good water pressure coming to the refrigerator from your water supply line and you have good pressure coming out of the water inlet valve, then the problem is the water reservoir.

Here's the water filter for your model:
Water Filter EDR4RXD1

Here's the water reservoir for your model:
Reservoir W11346622

This video gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

sbattisti

Premium Member
Jake, belatedly, thanks very much for this! We purchased this part, installed it, and water is working great now!

Follow-up question though . . . Unfortunately, now the ice maker doesn't seem to be making ice. I confirmed that the ice maker is turn on (in the electronic panel settings). It's been about 12 hours since we restablished the water reservoir, and nary an ice cube. Is it possible we missed something in installing the water reservoir? Or is there possibly a separate issue here? (The ice maker worked fine up until the water reservoir stopped working.)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We purchased this part, installed it, and water is working great now!
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Follow-up question though . . . Unfortunately, now the ice maker doesn't seem to be making ice. I confirmed that the ice maker is turn on (in the electronic panel settings). It's been about 12 hours since we restablished the water reservoir, and nary an ice cube. Is it possible we missed something in installing the water reservoir? Or is there possibly a separate issue here? (The ice maker worked fine up until the water reservoir stopped working.)
Unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes for a hard reboot, then plug it back in and give it up to 24 hours to start making ice.

Jake

sbattisti

Premium Member
Giving this a try, thanks! (Although, fridge was unplugged for quite a while doing the initial work, so I'm not very confident this will change anything! Will report back!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How's it doing now?

Jake

sbattisti

Premium Member
24 hours later, sadly, nary a cube in sight.

I was trying to figure out how we can determine if water is getting to the ice maker or not, but I've failed so far. It could be the part is bad, but somehow it seems unlikely that the ice maker (which worked fine before I replaced the other part) broke at the exact same time the other part did.

Any ideas welcome! Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd to fix one issue, then another issue starts.

The problem is possibly the ice maker itself, I've already replaced two of these same ice maker kits for the no water issue in Parker, Arizona a couple years ago, and it fixed them both, then I had one in Blythe, CA. a year later and it fixed that one too for the NO WATER issue.:)

You have to replace the wiring that comes with it as well, the instructions tell you how to do it.

You can also Force cycle the ice maker and measure the voltage at the water valve solenoid at the end of the harvest cycle. If your meter indicates 120 VAC for about 7 seconds, replace the water valve. If your meter indicates less than 100 VAC replace the ice maker.

Just remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then cycle the ice maker and watch the meter to see if you get 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

This video shows you how to access the water inlet valve inside the refrigerator section:
The smaller water line tube goes to the ice maker. So the ice maker side solenoid is the YELLOW one, put your meter probes in the electrical connector that goes to the YELLOW solenoid.

I was only getting 48 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve solenoid when I cycled the ice maker. I ordered this exact same ice maker kit FOR ALL THREE of my service calls and it fixed them all.:)

Here's the ice maker kit for your model you can order:
W10882923 Icemaker

Jake

sbattisti

Premium Member
Most of that sounds like it was written in Greek to me. :) But we will see what we can figure out! It will probably be a while before I come back, though. Thanks so much for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its the only way to verify the problem.

Maybe a friend or relative can assist you with this that's more technically savvy.

Jake

sbattisti

Premium Member
Hello Jake, belated help requested again. So, back in Sep I bought the part for the ice maker, which has sat on my shelf since. I'm struggling to find a video that describes how to install that particular part. Do you know of one? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes. It also comes with new wiring that you MUST replace as well.

I've replaced many of these ice maker kits and the arm is semi-up when you install the new one, then after you install it and power is going to it the arm will start to move down and you will hear it FILL with water before it goes all the way down.

Watch this video:

Let us know how it goes.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.