• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM04 LED light replacement advice needed - Wire harness too short to pull out of mounting hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathewd

Premium Member
Model Number
WRX735SDBM04
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a replacement LED for the (right) fixture pointing into the crisper drawer. You can access the bulb with the freezer door pulled out and the tray removed. When you pull the LED, it's a pretty short lead they give you, not even allowing the connector to fall through the opening. Do I really have to take the doors off and remove the cross member to change the LED? If there were 2" of addition wire, it would be a cinch. It seems you can lift slightly the humidity slider control, but I don't see how you can disassemble it to access the LED besides taking off the doors? Seems excessive :) Anyone know of an easier way than taking the doors off and pulling the cross beam to get to it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do I really have to take the doors off and remove the cross member to change the LED?
I haven't needed to replace one of these pantry LED's on this model as of yet, so you may need to take the door off.

Here's the pantry LED for your model:
W10695459 Module

Jake

Mathewd

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake. I just completed the repair. You can actually take just the bottom screws off from the front plate rather than remove the entire door, and that gives a little more "give" to the crisper slider cover. Once the bad light is removed and hanging by the harness, you can actually push it back up through the hole into the wiring tray, and then pull it out into the refrigerator space by the wires if you are careful. There, I could easily disconnect the old and connect the new. Finally push the the entire new light through the hole again and then push it up into it's mounting position. Thank you again for the help. If you ever need to do one, maybe this helps!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Mathew, good job fixing yours.(y)

Thanks for the update and the added information you provided to replace that LED light!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.