• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY02 ice dispenser/auger not working

daveb66inva

Model Number
WSF26C2EXY02
Brand
Whirlpool
New to forum. Hoping some smart folks here can set me straight. I'm helping a friend with her ice maker auger not working for last few weeks. She had auger motor replaced but that did not solve the problem. After reviewing posts here, the first thing I did was to remove auger motor and test for DC voltage (120VDC) at the two wire connector (Blue/Grey-Red) while depressing door open switch (interior light out) and commanding ice request thru front door pad. Zero DC voltage on blue/grey-red wires. Checked for AC also but according to motor label it operates on rectified 120 VDC.

As I understand it, DC voltage in one direction produces ice cubes, while in the opposite (reverse polarity) produces crushed ice. I also checked resistance of both new and used augur motor and got 115 Ohms (which I believe is good according to other posts/videos) on both. I then removed the bottom plate and and exposed freezer door wires. After peeling back the loom, I discovered the blue wire broken and the grey-red and white wires nearly cut thru. The black wire in the bundle had a slice in it but the copper strands looked fine. I soldered and heat shrank the blue, grey-red (auger wires), and white wires. I repaired/reinforced the black with electrical tape.

Was hopeful this fixed it, but unfortunately still no voltage and no auger motor operation! Next pulled augur 2 wire plug from below kick plate and confirmed good continuity from kickplate up to motor. No DC voltage at plug with door closed and command for ice. It appears I am not getting DC voltage for the auger motor. Not sure where the main control board is located that would be rectifying AC to DC and sending it to the 2 wire augur plug behind kickplate. Also curious if there are additional troubleshooting tests I can complete before ordering any parts.

I pulled the tech sheet from kick plate and researched running a diagnostics, but there was no specific test for the augur motor - only ice maker and door dispenser (just my luck)! So any help to point me in the correct direction of why I am not getting DC voltage would be appreciated. Also, can someone confirm that the black, white, green, tan wires also running up freezer door are AC load (Blk), neutral (wht), ground (grn) and momentary water valve (tan) and that they have nothing to do with the DC auger wires? I did not test the black load wire as Ice make works fine and do not believe the rectifier is in the door. Looking forward to any help I can get. Thanks all.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Ok, on your main control board in the back of the refrigerator the Auger motor test pins are P3-7(BLUE WIRE) P3-8 (GREY WIRE).

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, make sure the doors are closed then have someone press the ice dispenser lever and see if you get 140 Volts DC between P3-7(BLUE WIRE) P3-8 (GREY WIRE) on the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Refrigerator Control Board W11088499

Jake

Attachments

• Service+and+Wiring+Sheet+-+W10373993+-+Rev+C (1).pdf
    650.8 KB · Views: 57