• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool RF262LXSB1 Electric Range Oven slow to preheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Coe

Premium Member
Model Number
RF262LXSB1
Brand
Whirlpool
While preheating,, my Whirlpool RF262LXSB1 electric oven only heats with the lower (oven) element. Preheating also takes about 30 minutes instead of the usual 10 minutes. The broiler element does not turn on during the preheat cycle. Should this model preheat using both elements? This information would help me to diagnose the problem. Thanks!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
David Coe said:
Should this model preheat using both elements?

I'm afraid the technical information for that range doesn't state whether it does or not.

Will the broil element work when set to broil?

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If someone else doesn't jump in to tell you the answer, you might have to contact Whirlpool to see if they can tell you. I do not have a service manual for that model where it might describe the exact functioning of its preheat function. Sorry

Dan O.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does the BAKE element get RED hot when its preheating? And does it stay on RED hot the entire time it's preheating?

I did find the tech. data sheet for this model, and the BAKE circuit looks like it DOES cycle between BROIL and BAKE when its preheating.

So if the BAKE element is getting and staying RED hot the entire preheat cycle, then the problem is the clock oven control board.

But it shows to be No Longer Available at RepairClinic, and on back order on AppliancePartsPros:

Jake

Attachments

• 9762972-reva.pdf
    111.9 KB · Views: 67

David Coe

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for this info! Later today or tomorrow I'll run down this list of tasks & report back:
  1. Run down that Tech Sheet's diagnostic screens & record the readouts.
  2. Run a full preheat cycle & check the behavior of the Bake & Broil elements. And listen for 'clicks' from the control module.
  3. Run the oven on Bake and record the time it takes (after the preheat cycle) to reach & hold a set temperature of, say, 350-deg.
  4. For broil, with the door cracked open, I'll record how the Broil element behaves.
I'll probably wind up gathering more info than necessary, but it'll be a nice diversion to my day. Here's to hoping that the problem isn't in the control module!

- D. Coe

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok David, let us know.:)

Jake

CJ Esag

Premium Member
I have the same problem.
model: RF366PXGQ2

During the "preheat" time, the bake element cycles on and off but the broil element never cycles on. The broil element does work when the oven is set to broil.

Jake, you said that if the bake element is on during the ENTIRE preheat cycle that the problem is the clock oven control board. Any ideas for my situation?

Thank you for any guidance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime.(y)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.