Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Das Boots

Premium Member
Ok sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake
Remember the water I placed inside to do the test? Well, some time over the weekend, it decided to produce and dispel the ice. And now the fingers are up and the sensor is now a solid light. I placed it now on 'Fast Ice' mode to see if it will make more ice. What made it decide to move and also on the sensor? I am really confused. Does this mean I have a working ice maker? The ice maker is now on order. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It may be working intermittently, but it will act up again, so its still best to change the ice maker when you get it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I hate fickle-minded ice makers.
I agree completely.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, there you go, its intermittently working/not working.

The new ice maker will definitely fix it.

Jake

Das Boots

Premium Member
New ice maker arrived today and installed. The sensor still continue to blink 2x then pause and etc. Is that normal? Wondering how long before it starts making ice?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, when you first install it.

Give it time.

Jake

Das Boots

Premium Member
Yes, when you first install it.

Give it time.

Jake
A day after...still not making ice. But I did remove and inspect the connectors to make sure that both are in there since they will only merge one way. But when I removed the ice maker, there was ice inside int the tray but would require to be moved out by the fingers. Still do not know how long for the fingers to move and make ice. Do I have a disfunctional ice maker? The sensors are still blinking 2x and pause.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats very strange, I basically stumped to now, the new ice maker should of fixed it.

What position are the ice maker ejector fingers pointing?

Jake

Das Boots

Premium Member
At that time, the fingers were in the up position. But would you believe this morning, the ice that was inside the tray decided to spit out? And a moment later, I heard the it refill. So, we do know it works. But why is it taking so long? I am still monitoring the situation and will see when I get back from work later today.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, some take up to 72 hours to start, don't know why.

How cold is it in your freezer? Can you put a thermometer in your freezer and tell me please, most stores sell freezer thermometers. The colder it is in your freezer the faster it makes ice.

Jake

Das Boots

Premium Member
Yes, some take up to 72 hours to start, don't know why.

How cold is it in your freezer? Can you put a thermometer in your freezer and tell me please, most stores sell freezer thermometers. The colder it is in your freezer the faster it makes ice.

Jake
I will wait one more day. But the freezer is cold. As in 0 deg. All of my ice cream are rock solid. I have to thaw them for half an hour just so I can get a scoop. It is cold. Is that good for the ice maker? Yes, I do have a food/fridge thermometer. It does have ice inside the maker. All it takes is for the fingers to rotate and scoop out the ice. The fingers are presently staright up.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Das Boots

Premium Member
I will be returning it and do a replacement. I think I have a defective ice maker. That's okay....at least it is an easy removal.

Das Boots

Premium Member
A follow-up. I re-read my order receipt. I ordered a 2198597A. With the 'A', would that make any difference?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that would make a difference, so I assume you didn't buy it at RepairClinic?

Let me just give you fair warning, if you try to buy it on Amazon or Ebay for a cut rate price, this is the results you get, I've had many members do that and wonder why it still doesn't work properly.:)

Its better to spend the money through the links we give you to purchase the parts through our parts suppliers, so you know you won't have problems.:)

Jake

Das Boots

Premium Member
Got it. Include me as one of those that got it line hook and sinker. Will do a return policy and purchase the right way......one step at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.