FIXED Whirlpool side by side not dispensing ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyce

Premium Member
Did you manually fill the ice maker tray with water and see if it would cycle out?

I just noticed on your first post you said the LED was blinking and not solid on steady, If thats the case then you need the optics board kit, I may have misread that you said it was solid on, so thats my fault, I'm sorry. When too many people post in the same thread it throws me off kilter.

Here are the boards you can order, they come together in 1 kit with instructions:
Ice Level Control Board 4389102 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
Not a problem, I just ordered the optics boards, thanks for the fast reply

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just keep the new ice maker for now till you get the optics boards installed. And then if it starts working again, put the old ice maker in, and give it time to see if it continues to work with your old ice maker, if so, yes send the new ice maker back for a full refund.

Did you try to manually fill the ice try with water, like just pouring water from a cup into the ice tray and give it about 2 hours to see if the water that turned to ice would cycle out?

Jake

Joyce

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I got the optics boards in and installed them, the ice maker is working fine now!! Thank you. My husband told me to just leave the new ice maker in and shelf the old one as a back up id we ever need it. Again, thank you for all of the help. I was told a few years ago if the ice maker went out it would cost over $600.00 for it to be repaired by a technician. Repair clinic has put money in my pocket!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Joyce, good job, glad that took care of it.:)

Yup, we and RepairClinic are here to save everyone money on appliance repair.:)

I'm closing this thread since its 6 years old already.

If anyone has questions that refer to this thread, please start a NEW THREAD, thank you.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.