• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator not freezing meats

Desertrose0317

Premium Member
Model Number
ED25DQXVP02
Brand
Whirlpool
My fridge isn't freezing meats and is warm. I threw out so much food because it started to spoil the meats I had in the freezer as well as the other side of the fridge. I've surfed around and it seems like my problem is the condenser fan motor? I unplugged the fridge because I didn't see no point in keeping it plugged in if i'm replacing the condenser fan motor. The next morning I plugged the fridge back on just to see if anything happened and headed out to buy a new condenser fan motor but when I got home I found my fridge operating as if nothing happened. For a couple of days it was working good and even froze a water bottle I left in it to test if it would freeze it. But now it seem to be having the same problem again. Should I go ahead and replace the condenser fan motor since it stops working off and on? I know it's supposed to stop on and off. I'm just wondering if that's what I need to replace or should I replace the mother board first?

By the way, I did take the cover off the front and back of the fridge and cleaned it all out. I also removed the freezer cover on the bottom and found that the coil had thin ice around it but that's all that had ice because nothing else was freezing in the freezer. The fridge was given to me so I don't really know how old it is but I liked it since it matches my entire kitchen. The ice maker I stopped from working because I didn't trust using that ice for drinks so I just kept the ice lever up all the time and it stopped producing ice which was fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I've surfed around and it seems like my problem is the condenser fan motor?
Why, is it not working ? If it was not working, was the compressor running or were neither working?

Should I go ahead and replace the condenser fan motor since it stops working off and on?
When it stops working, Check if it's getting 120 VAC. Some of those models had faulty start devices on the compressor that would also stop the condensor fan motor from working.

Desertrose0317

Premium Member
Whirlpool side by side not freezing meats

Why, is it not working ? If it was not working, was the compressor running or were neither working?

Well it works if you give it a push but mostly not. Yes the compressor is working.

When it stops working, Check if it's getting 120 VAC. Some of those models had faulty start devices on the compressor
that would also stop the condensor fan motor from working.
Are you talking about the start relay might be bad? How do I check if it's getting 120 VAC?

My niece put her ice cream in the freezer and it melted instead of freezing it. It does blow cold air but I also raised the temp to coldest.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Desertrose0317

Premium Member