• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Ultimate Care II, Model GSX9750PW0 does not fill on Wash (Just add little and then stop). Find other modes

JorgeF

Premium Member
Model Number
GSX9750PW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Whirlpool Ultimate Care II, Model GSX9750PW0 fills water for few seconds (say 30 secs) and then stop filling with water during the wash cycle. We can hear a little humming sound. We have tried changing from cold to hot, but it does not help. The washer is fully functional during rinse cycle, it fills, agitate, spins, and drain without any issues.
If we fill the machine with water, either adding water manually or start/stop wash cycle until it is fill and then let's go everything seems to work.

We have check the water pressure, the inlet filter screens were very clean (still took them out in case, but they were fine). I have not taken the machine apart to check the contiguity at Water Inlet Valve and/or Water Level Switch.

I am a little baffled why it works fine on rinse but not on wash.

Any recommendations? What part is more likely the problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You will need a multimeter to check for 120 volts after that 30 seconds of initial fill and see if your still getting 120 volts to the water inlet valve, if so and its not continuing to fill then your water inlet valve is the problem.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
WP8528052 Valve

Jake

JorgeF

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I would open the machine and check the Valve and Water Level Switcher with my multi meter. I see that the part is on order, no sure if that would be a problem, hopefully it is still manufactured.

Thanks so much for all your help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its out-of-stock everywhere I've checked, that's certainly not a good sign.

Jake