FIXED Whirlpool Under Counter Ice Maker GI1500XHS4 - Flashing Red LED

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I plan to look for the control board relays online to determine if I can replace them at less expense than purchasing a board?
A stuck relay is just my best guess. It could be just about anything on the board or a combination of things. Thanks for the update.

tvista36

Premium Member
Ice maker made ice for several days without incident then I began to notice the size of the ice was thinner than normal which normally is a predecessor to the unit eventually failing. The unit went into the usual LED steady blinking. I ran several cleaning cycles without an error. I placed the unit back into normal operation and it made ice again for one and a half days then the unit displayed the steady blink.

There is also a noise I notice present and it the past that precedes the unit having an issue. My best guess is maybe it occurs when the cold plate switches from cold to hot; I will need to observe a full cycle again and document when the noise occurs. My best description is it sounds similar to a release of pressure.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You probably hear the reverse flow solenoid. The flow is normally from the compressor to the condensor (because the compressed gas is hot) then to the evaporator. The reverse flow valve makes it flow so the hot liquid is pumped into the evaporator first. That releases the ice sheet.