• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool W8RXEGMWB00 Intermittently Not Cooling - Compressor? Inverter? Thermostat? Control Board?

jethrodesign

Premium Member
In case anyone stumbles across this thread with a similar style inverter setup to mine, I hope it's proved helpful. It was incredibly challenging to try to obtain verification of the setup & information, regarding this type of configuration. But between the help here and what I got on another thread, I was able to get a 'somewhat decent' understanding of how it all supposedly works.

At the end of the day, I took the gamble and ordered a new inverter. I was so nervous when I fired it up, but once started the compressor came right on with the fans and has been turning on & off as intended for the past week! My freezer temps range from about 0-7° (with occasional 20°, guessing while defrosting), and fridge is 38-42°. I'm hopeful that is the end of it!

It is SO nice to finally have a fridge & freezer full of food for the first time in well over a month...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new invertor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Sorry Rick didn't come, I just found out last Monday that he got seriously ill in early January and is still in the hospital and has a long recovery till he comes back.

Jake