• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Wall Oven WOS51EC0AW03 will not maintain correct heat

JC15

Premium Member
Model Number
WOS51EC0AW03
Brand
Whirlpool
Oven will not maintain correct heat. We tried calibrating but there is a huge difference in temperature so can't even get it close. If I set the oven to 350 degrees it might get to 400 degrees or it might get to 175 degrees and beep it's ready, then it just goes to what ever temp it wants and never stays at one temp. I have put two oven thermometers in to see what temp it is and the oven does not go to the set temp nor does it stay at a set temp, it's all over the place. The read out will say 350 degrees but when shutoff the temp reads 150 degrees on the read out.

What needs to be fixed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
For this problem your having I always ohm test the oven sensor first. Make sure you unplug OR turn the breaker off to your wall oven first before accessing and ohm testing it!

Ohm check your oven sensor with a multimeter. It should read between 1050-1100 ohms at room temperature.

To get to the oven sensor you would need to pull wall oven out(you may need someone to help you, as these are very heavy) and take off the back access panel, then you will see the plastic connector that unsnaps to it.

Sometimes you can get lucky, and by taking the screws out from inside the oven where the oven sensor mounts, you may be able to pull the oven sensor wire through the hole and test it without pulling the oven out from the wall.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Temperature Sensor W10859573

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

JC15

Premium Member
Did the testing on the oven sensor and it tests out at 1100 ohms.

What else could the problem be?

Thanks!
JC

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'd next check your oven BAKE element for continuity and make sure the terminal connections on it at not starting to burn out.

Here's the BAKE element for your model:
Bake Element W11292248

This video shows you how to ohm test it:

If the BAKE element and terminals on it are fine, then it's possibly the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model: W10839510 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

JC15

Premium Member
Thank You for your help!

We now have it working somewhat, it has been holding temp at 25 - 50 degrees above what it is set at which it was not doing before. That is better than the varying degrees it was ranging while trying to bake.

Took oven sensor out, checked elements and put it all back together, they are all good. Hoping that there was just a bad connection somewhere.

Looking at getting a new control board if it does not maintain temp next time I try to use it. Is there a video on how to take out the control board?

Thank You,
JC

JC15

Premium Member
The oven works good as long as I use the inside thermometer, it does not register the correct temperature on the display until it reaches the set temp which takes about 30 to 45 minutes. The display beeps ready at 175 degrees no matter what temp I have it set for baking.

Do you happen to have instructions on replacing the control board, I want to make sure I can replace it myself.

Thank You!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok JC,

I don't have the service manual for this model that would you how to replace it. On the older models you would just pull the oven out a few inches from the wall then there would be screws on the side end caps of the control panel to remove then the control panel would pull forward and then you could access the main control board.

I don't know if the process the same on this model or not without seeing the service manual.

So you may want to ask them at the control board link I posted above, in post #4, in their Question & Answer section.

Make sure you turn your home breaker OFF to the wall oven before replacing it!

Jake