Whirlpool washer not starting

merdad

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW8410SW01
Brand
Whirlpool
Its a whirlpool duet sport, mod. No: WFW8410SW01.

The door was opened while working, now F1 signal appears, no work. unplugged and plugged again, still no work-just F1?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, if the door was opened while it was still working, then that means your door lock latch assembly is now broken.

Here's the door lock latch assembly for your model you can order here:
Whirlpool WPW10253483 Latch

Jake

merdad

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply, but may be I explained it not very clear, the door was closed when I started the cycle, I opened it during the cycle to put something in! F1 signal,,,,unplugging and plugging thereafter, no sign of work. do you still think the latch is broken? Sorry for the confusion.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I understand the door was closed, but before you can open the door you need to press pause/cancel then wait for the door to unlock. Did you do that?

If so, then read below.

ERROR CODE F01: The pump driver fails to activate/One of the main relays is not working properly/A communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM onboard the CCU occurred.

Check for loose power outlet. A loose power plug in the wall can create line noise and issues.
- Check if washer is on a dedicated circuit. Other devices on same circuit can create line noise and cause this issue.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Make sure that wire harness connections from the CCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Make sure all green wires (ground harness system) are not broken or detached.
- Make sure the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.
- Make sure all connectors are fully seated.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Check for power going to Central Control Unit (CCU) by listening for a click in the CCU when unit is plugged in washer or when reconnecting power.
- Verify unit operation by performing the Diagnostic Test. The Diagnostic Test procedure is located in your tech data sheet that's located in the bottom of your washer.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 seconds.

The CCU is located under the top panel.

Here's the CCU for your model:
WPW10679602 Control Unit-Central, Programmed

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, sure is. When you click the link I posted above to your CCU, there is a video there that shows you how to replace it.

Jake

merdad

Premium Member
hello again,
I changed the part, the door latch, it steel gives the F1 on front panel and machine does not start. Is there a kind of re-start inside the main control panel to push or......i'm just guessing. By the way,you had sent me the youtube link how to change the CCU, I found the one for door latch and I followed.

Thanks again, if you please let me know is there another step to do after changing the latch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That should of fixed it, you did order the CCU from the link I posted above to it, correct?

Check for power going to Central Control Unit (CCU) by listening for a click in the CCU when unit is plugged in washer or when reconnecting power.

So unplug your washer for 1 minute, then plug it back in AND listen for the click at the CCU.

Do you hear the click at the CCU?

Jake