• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Washer WFC7500VW0 no final spin.. so aggravating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnghadimi

Premium Member
Model Number
WFC7500VW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi;

This is an 8 year old machine. I have already replaced the Pump and the MCU. It's just such a frustrating and inconsistent problem!! Once in a while, it decides to not do a final spin. Clothes are left wet, etc.. I've tried it all:

- Rebalanced the load
- Ran a separate spin/drain cycle (still won't do a final spin)
- Did a machine reset (turned off the breaker, waited 2 mins, turned the breaker back on)

What else can I try? Why exactly does this happen? I would love to permanently troubleshoot this issue. Appreciate any help.

John

johnghadimi

Premium Member
I also ran a Quick Diagnostics test. No errors were reported.

- The test ran through the 6 stages: SENSING, PREWASH, WASH, RINSE, SPIN, CYCLE COMPLETE
- I saw the fast spin happen during the RINSE phase
- It reported a 28 degrees number on the display
- The in the SPIN phase, it started blinking, with DOOR LOCKED and DRAINING/UNLOCKING also blinking
- It transitioned to SPIN blinking. At this point, it didn't do a Spin. The light just blinked for a number of minutes
- Then everything turned off and it was done.

Hope this helps. Not sure if me not seeing it spin on the SPIN phase is a hint of things not working. Although, no errors were reported on the display.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I haven't worked on this model, but here's our main thread on it from others that might help you:

Jake

johnghadimi

Premium Member
Ah interesting. I see a post from myself on that post you sent. :) Yup, I had this issue 3 years ago. I ended up replacing the MCU and the Pump! So it's back acting up again. I looked online and something new was suggested: the pressure switch. Apparently this can have carbon buildup on it that will cause this to not recognize water level correctly. Is this a legitimate repair path?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just remove the pressure switch hose from the pressure switch and blow hard through that pressure switch hose.

Jake

johnghadimi

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. What does this do exactly? is it valuable to clean the contacts as well in the actual pressure switch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It unclogs any clog you might have to the air dome on the outer tub assembly.

is it valuable to clean the contacts as well in the actual pressure switch?
If they look corroded, yes.

Jake

johnghadimi

Premium Member
Sorry, another question popped up in my head. In regards to the tube, should be disconnecting it on both ends and blowing through it, or just the end that connect to the switch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Both ends would be a good idea.

Jake

johnghadimi

Premium Member
Ended up replacing the pressure switch and also made sure the tube was clean and un-obstructed.. Hoping I can stretch this washer another few years. :) Appreciate the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.