• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WFC7500VW2 DOOR LOCKED light flashing Red

pjstock

Premium Member
Model Number
WFC7500VW2
Brand
Whirlpool
I am running some test cycles on this 24" compact clothes washer that has been sitting in storage for a while.

ever few test cycles the Door Locked light flashes RED and the cycle does not start.
I think this means that the door lock has not engaged.

It seems that if I give the door a little push, it closes more firmly and the cycle runs.

I guess my question is, how can I ensure that the door closes fully and firmly more reliably? it's okay if I am using it but someonee else might not know or remember the trick (push on the door.)
why would the Door Lock sometimes not engage?

is this a common weakpoint in this make/model?

Peter

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Peter,

Yes, this is a weakpoint on this model. Order and replace both parts below and that will fix it permanently.

Here's the door switch assembly for your model:
WPW10192994 Switch

Here's the door latch assembly for your model:
WPW10192995 Latch

Jake

pjstock

Premium Member
so, having determined (thank you Jake) that the latch and switch on my washer are probably faulty, I was still able to get it to run cycles reliable, though sometimes it required firmly closing the door (and almost slamming it shut)

having now moved it from testing in the back driveway to a new working location (after a 30min trip on it's side in the back of an SUV), on plugging in I am getting an F14 error.
no mention of it here, but elsewhere I am reading: "Main electronic control board EEPROM error"
how would it suddenly develop an electrical problem?

though this is my 2nd compact front load whirlpool washer and both have been nothing but headaches.

Peter

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Peter, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

F14--->A communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM onboard the CCU occurred.
Possible Causes/Procedure: A power surge may cause this error--->Unplug washer or disconnect power for two minutes--->Verify CCU operation by running a Quick Diagnostic Test or any cycle.

Here's the CCU for your model:
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-wpw10192966-ap6016656_01_m.jpg

Jake

Attachments

• W10331054.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 50