• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WFW9050XW00 once it reaches the rinse cycle it stops, locks the door and does not drain

Zappy35

Model Number
WFW9050XW00
Brand
Whirlpool
Everything works until I get to the rince cycle. It stops, starts beeping 3 times and locks the door.
Will not drain. I’ve disassembled everything on this washer. I checked the strap in the back, I changed the drain motor, I’ve checked every tube to see if anything was jammed. I fully cleaned it. Checked the connections to see if anything got loose. I changed the Bellow. I verified the ground (green wire). This model does not have a display so I don’t get a error code. It just beeps 3 times, locks the door and the green washer button flashes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

On page 5--->Do--->Starting Service History Mode & Diagnostic Test and tell us what error code/codes shows up.

NOTE: The washer must be empty and the control must be in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to start the test.
1. Close the door.
2. Select any three different keys (except POWER).
Individually press these in a sequence of 1, 2, 3 and then repeat this sequence two more times. This sequence must be completed within 8 seconds of the first key press.
These three keys are referred to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd keys, based on the order pressed.
3. Upon entry into service diagnostics, the console will beep (if available) and all console LED lights will turn on for 5 seconds.
4. Any error codes will be displayed in the Estimated Time Remaining display. If there are no error codes stored, 88 will be displayed.
On models without a display, the WASH LED will flash to indicate the error code. If there are no error codes stored, the WASH LED remains on.
NOTE: This program recalls the most recent error code first.
5. After entry into service diagnostics using the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd keys, each of these keys will have unique functions regarding service diagnostics as detailed in the following table.

Then look on Page 10:
For non display models, the WASH LED will flash and the error code number is represented by the number of times the LED flashes. The first set of flashes represents the “F” and the second set of flashes represents the “E”.
There is a pause of 2 seconds between the flashes for “F” and “E”. The error code sequence will repeat after a pause of 5 seconds.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet W10252711.pdf
    621.4 KB · Views: 86

timegraham

Everything works until I get to the rince cycle. It stops, starts beeping 3 times and locks the door.
Will not drain. I’ve disassembled everything on this washer. I checked the strap in the back, I changed the drain motor, I’ve checked every tube to see if anything was jammed. I fully cleaned it. Checked the connections to see if anything got loose. I changed the Bellow. I verified the ground (green wire). This model does not have a display so I don’t get a error code. It just beeps 3 times, locks the door and the green washer button flashes.
I have the same issue. The error code is long drain. Could this be the level sensor? Drain pump works fine, pushes water very fast out the drain, and the filter is clear.