• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer won't spin WTW5000DW1 (Help again Jake!)

K

kbespy11

Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hey Jake! Coudln't figure out how to send you a message, got locked out of my old account.

You once helped me correct this problem before, as it was the hub assembly that was the problem. That was in April, and haven't had another issue until now. I will try to relay what I've gone through and please let me know if you have any other ideas.

The washer won't spin dry. If I put it in drain and spin cycle, it'll full up, do it's thing, drain, activate the agitator, then won't spin the drum. I can hear what I believe is the motor, but it will not begin the spin dry cycle. I checked the belt, it seems to be intact correctly. I took off the water pump - it did not seem to be clogged.

I read on here there should NOT be any water in the machine at all when it tries to spin, or it won't do it at all. When I laid the washer on it's front, I could hear some water sloshing around a little bit. Maybe this is why it tries to keep draining? What are your thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance. I look forward to making another donation because I know you'll figure this out!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Welcome back!

Let's first check for a error code.

Here's the tech. data sheet for WTW5000DW1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13EInFAAf99HeIgo6JNhYxCuG3RSqZdZG

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Kbespy

Premium Member
Okay so I've activated the diagnostic mode. The "rinse" and "done" feature blink at the same time. Going to page 6-7 is corresponds to F0E5 which is off balanced load.

This is strange to me, because I'm having trouble with it even without clothes or anything in it.

Kbespy

Premium Member
Tried doing to cycle again after putting it back together. Same result, same error code.

Kbespy

Premium Member
Hey Jake, I wanted to check something just in case. I replaced the hub plate in April thanks to your diagnosis. I took it apart to look at it.... could this be the problem again? The teeth are “almost” smooth again. If it is the culprit, how does the part go bad in 5 months?

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's weird, did you buy the hub from AppliancePartsPros? If so, contact them because you have a full 365 day warranty on it. They will send you another one for free.

Your not overloading the washer are you? Your just putting the clothes in loosely and not packing them in?

Here's the hub for your model:
W10528947 Hub

Jake

Kbespy

Premium Member
Jake,

yes after replacing the part we have been very cautious on load size and distribution.
I guess I should have checked this part first - I just assumed it wouldn’t be the same thing!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, good.

Did you get the hub at AppliancePartsPros?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then contact them and they will send another new one.

I've never seen one go out that fast, so replace it again and if it keeps going bad every 6 months then you have a more serious problem, most likely the transmission.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.:)

Jake