• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW4800BQ1 wont FULLY drain. (already replaced drain pump)

illtww

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4800BQ1
Brand
Whirlpool
HI All,

I recently replaced the Drain Pump on my WTW4800BQ1 (even though the factory one worked but was a little slower due to age).

The problem I am having is that after the washer runs the "DRAIN TUB" mode it still has a couple of gallons in the bottom of the tub. [cant see the water] but it is in there! ((Stale water for the next load))

Is there a water level switch that tells the drain pump to stop short of a full tube drain? One thing I did notice is that you can open the lid while it is filling or draining. (not locked like my NEWER LG washer)

Thoughts?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

JMO!

The problem I am having is that after the washer runs the "DRAIN TUB" mode it still has a couple of gallons in the bottom of the tub. [cant see the water] but it is in there!

Should be.
Primed pump must always be full of water and a little water will sit between the tubs. As long as you don't see water coming up through the wash basket holes it would be considered normal to me.
Once no more water is coming out of the drain hose, the pump is still full and a little between the tubs is left.

jeff sr.

illtww

Premium Member
So does that water that sits in the bottom to keep the "pump primed" not go stagnant and affect the next load of laundry?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So does that water that sits in the bottom to keep the "pump primed"

Yes.

not go stagnant

Correct, would have to sit a long time for that to happen. Might happen faster on some well water.

and affect the next load of laundry?

ALL washers for years have been like this....it should not effect the next load of laundry :)

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.