• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW4800XQ1 starts filling with water but stops immediately

pravig1

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4800XQ1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi All,

When I press Start on my whirlpool washer, the water starts coming in but stops less than a second later. Nothing else happens after that. I've re-calibrated the washer as well as checked for error codes. I found no error codes and there was no change after the re-calibration. I do not think it's a problem with the lid locking mechanism given that the washer is still supposed to fill with water with the lid open (I think). Please check out the video attached. Even though you can't see it in the video too well, the water faucets on the wall are turned on.

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_103229.jpg
    IMG_20200619_103229.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 39

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Did you try and change from HOT to COLD ONLY? or from COLD to HOT ONLY? Still no water fills at all?

You will need to check for a error code. I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10280489.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 52

pravig1

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for helping out.

I attempted it with the different modes (Hot ONLY and Cold ONLY) and I have the exact same result.

I then checked for error codes and I get the F5E1 - Lid Switch Fault error. However, I then ran the test to check for the Lid locking mechanism, and the lid locks and unlocks properly. I also ran the Automatic Test Mode and I saw no issues. In test mode, the water fills and goes through all the steps.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Then I'm learning towards the main control board. You can do TEST #1: MAIN CONTROL in the tech data sheet. That will test the MAIN CONTROL BOARD.

Here's the main control board for your model:
W10745340 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

pravig1

Premium Member
Thanks for all your help Jake. Given the price of the control board, I think it's time to get myself a new washer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake