• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW4915EW2 Washer plate not moving

DarrenRa

Model Number
WTW4915EW2
Brand
Whirlpool
The transmission that I had in the unit was leaking oil so it needed to be replaced. Before I purchase more parts, I wanted to see if you could help me. I cannot find my specific problem anywhere. My washer was not agitating but was spinning, It would just make a clicking sound and move the whole tub ever so slightly while washing. Now that the new transmission is in the washer, I noticed that the wash plate and the tub both spin as one, when the washer is agitating and spinning, they both move together. When I hold the tub during agitation the washer will slow. When the washer is off, I cannot spin the wash plate independently from the tub at all. I checked the splutch and it is putting the gear up and down. It all looks good to me. I did a diagnostic on the unit and the only code it gave me was a code for the drive motor but I thought that it could be referring to the transmission. Now I'm thinking that this may be the reason the transmission went in the first place.

My next step was going to be purchasing the pulley clutch kit and the actuator. But I don't know.....

Here is a video the the washer when agitating. This was taken after the new transmission was installed. Before this there was little to no movement during agitation.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually it's the shift actuator that is the culprit.(there are videos in the threads below)

Your model uses the exact same shift actuator:
W10913953 Actuator

There is a video in the shift actuator part link that shows you how to replace it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.