• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW5000DW0 F7E1 Fault

zheintzman

Model Number
WTW5000DW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello - Been troubleshooting this washer for awhile now. Got an F7E1 fault three weeks ago, saw the capacitor was damaged and replaced. Recalibrated and washer worked great for about 10-15 loads, then started to get the same fault again. Agitate works fine but will not spin during manual self tests. Attempts to spin but then stops. Already replaced the main board and shifter but this did not fix either. Ran through troubleshooting guide and ran the tachometer test and that passed with the lights turning on as the basket spun. Tried a 2nd new capacitor and this did not fix either. Still failed the manual spin test with a F7E1.

Removed the agitator plate, hub and inner basket. The top of the hub was cracked with pieces broken off but there was still thread engagement with the gearbox shaft. I ordered a new hub but before replacing I decided to try to run the manual spin test with no basket. When I ran this, the shaft started to spin clockwise then faulted after a couple seconds with the same F7E1 Basket speed error fault. Any thoughts of what to try next? Bad gearbox?

Thanks,
Zak

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Zak, sounds like a bad transmission to me.

Here's another member that had this same issue and the new transmission fixed it:

Your videos did not come through, you need to convert them to .MP4 or upload them to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here

Here's the transmission(gearcase) for your model: W11454734 Gearcase

Jake