• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW5000DW0 is not draining

davisb

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW0
Brand
Whirlpool
The washer seems to run through the cycles just fine with the exception of not fully draining as the clothes are still sopping wet when lid unlocks. I have checked for any clogs in the drainage hose and that is all clear. Tried watching some videos, but they refer to error codes that are no where to be found in the manuals I have. So here I am, looking for help and hoping to avoid having to pay for service. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RenegadeCJ

Premium Member
is the water not draining or is it just not spinning all the water out of the clothes? my problem was the clothes were wet but no water standing in the tub see my thread here hope it helps my thread

davisb

Premium Member
Nice. Thank you. I ordered a pump preemptively just in case. All lines seem to be clear and lid latch seems fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, The water should have been all out of the tub before it spins. What I do is Put the washer in a Rinse/Spin cycle and stay with the washer, then when it starts draining--->Pull your drain hose up from your drain pipe and see how fast the water comes out of the drain hose while its draining, you should have a very strong flow of water out the drain hose. If not then you likely have a clogged or bad drain pump.

Here's the drain pump for your model:

This video gives you a general idea of how to access and remove the drain pump to check for a clog in it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

davisb

Premium Member
Drain pump seems to be working fine. However, the last spin cycle is not at full power / velocity. Running calibration right now and its definitely spinning at full balls right now! Sheesh. No idea if this will happen during g normal cycle though.

davisb

Premium Member
Well, no luck and I am at a loss as to what the issue is. Bad luck perhaps...last Sunday the dryer stopped as well. Fortunately, that was just a door switch replacement.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you replace the drain pump?

Did you do this: Pull your drain hose up from your drain pipe and see how fast the water comes out of the drain hose while its draining, you should have a very strong flow of water out the drain hose. If not then you likely have a clogged or bad drain pump.

Jake

davisb

Premium Member
No sir. I checked to make sure hose was clear and water flow was very good. After the "final" spin cycle, it repeats rinse and then will not spin.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After the "final" spin cycle, it repeats rinse and then will not spin.
That's very odd, it shouldn't do that. I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10677676 - Rev B.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 68

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake