• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW5000DW1 shaking during spin

cbrightnow106

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
hi recently put in new suspension springs directly from the factory. the washer still shakes and jumps during the spin cycle what else can i check to see if it is the problem

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You replaced all 4 suspension spring rods? That's the only parts it can be that can cause this problem. I had one do this exact same thing in the summer of 2019 in my local area of Parker, Arizona and the new OEM spring/rods kit fixed it for my customer.

Here's the OEM suspension rods springs kit assembly for your model:
W11130362 Suspension spring kit

Now, we had two members buy this suspension kit on ebay and both were bad, once they bought it from us it worked perfect.

Where did you buy this suspension kit from?

We have seen a lot of problems with eBay and Amazon when it comes to appliance parts. China is flooding the market with cheap knock offs. They may or may not say OEM on the parts but it doesn't make it so. China distributors even pay people to give good reviews.

Jake

cbrightnow106

Premium Member
I bought them directly from whirlpool. In my research of the problem i also read to check the drive belt and pulley. Could the ballast ring be messed up?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
i also read to check the drive belt and pulley
That would not cause it.

Could the ballast ring be messed up?
That would be extremely rare to cause it, but possibly yes.

Here's the inner spin basket for your model:
The balance ring is not a separate part from the inner spin basket.

So you'd need to replace the entire inner spin basket if the balance ring is damaged.

Jake

galem

Premium Member
I have a Whirlpool model# WTW5000DW1 Serial C71643872 about 2 months ago it started shaking like crazy in spin cycle. The washer is about 3yrs old. It has nothing in the middle part of drum , which I love for washing quilts and things. Can you please help me with what you think the problem is. So I can show him and he maybe can fix it. Thank you for your time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, the suspension rods and spring kit will fix yours.

Here's the OEM suspension rods springs kit assembly for your model you can order:
W11130362 Suspension spring kit

This video shows you how to replace them:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

ParrishLJ

I’m having the same issue here and I’m at a complete loss. I’ve replaced almost everything there is to replace on my WTW5000DW2 and it will still spin violently out of control when washing an actual load. During tests with an empty drum, no problem. Throw in clothes and it sounds like it’s going to come apart!

Side note: none of the diagnostic cycles are showing an error at all, with the one exception of neither the low nor the high spin manual test modes will actually “spin”.

Any help that could be offered would be most appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you buy the OEM suspension rods springs kit assembly? If so, where did you buy it from?

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.