• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Washer WTW5000DW3 lid lock issue

plzhelp69

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW3
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

Let me start off by saying I have absolutely no experience in appliance repair. I just got my washer from someone at work today. Got it home and set it all up so I can test it out.
I press the start button and the lid lock light blinks once and that's it. Nothing else happens. I watched a few youtube videos to help diagnose the problem.
Everything seems to work fine during the automatic test and the manual test. Except the lid lock.
I've found that during the automatic test and during calibration, the lid locks and the lid lock light stays on. During manual test however, the lid lock does not work. The other LEDs just flash.
Any advice would be very much appreciated and sorry for my ignorance on this subject. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below. Get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault codes you get, if any.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3--->Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• W11348497-rev-a.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 46

plzhelp69

Premium Member
Following the above instructions, I get no fault codes. All 4 codes just have the "sensing LED" blink.
I followed the instructions to clear fault codes. All LEDs turn off and it seems like the washer is in normal standby mode.
When I press the start button, the LID LOCK LED just blinks once and nothing happens.
Not sure if it helps any but if I repeatedly press the start button, the sensing light begins flashing continuously and water will run for a fraction for a second. Like a short spurt.

plzhelp69

Premium Member
Also, the person I purchased it from bought it from Lowes only 1 month ago. It had a few dents but nothing crazy. Like really small dents. So was able to get a really good deal on it.
He sent me the receipts so I just registered it on the Whirlpool website. Think it's covered by Whirlpool at all?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it has a 1 full year warranty of it from Whirlpool.

Contact Whirlpool to come out at 1-866-698-2538 to fix it under warranty.

Let us know what they find.

Jake