• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool washer WTW7120HW not draining and throwing code F9E1

Jharv

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW7120HW
Brand
Whirlpool
The washer started not draining and throwing code F9E1 which was not draining. I checked all the hoses and replaced the pump. It would drain when you tilt it up. Now it’s the code F3E2. I have know idea what’s wrong. Also when I pick up on the tube it makes a clicking noise and then will drain.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lmS6Y7TCYTY1-7YqEqLReEH8w6HeXo3K/view?usp=sharing

F3E2--->Pressure System Fault
Fault is displayed when the main control detects an out of range or absent pressure signal.
--->Check pressure hose connection from tub to main control. Is hose pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
--->See TEST #6: Water Level.

Did you disconnect the pressure switch hose when the drain pump? If so, make sure its back in place again. If so, make sure no water is in the tub, then blow through that pressure switch hose really hard and see if that resolves it.

Jake

Jharv

Premium Member
Blew air threw the hose and ran it. Half way through the cycle it threw code F9E1again. I am lost. Don’t have any idea.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F9E1--->Drain Pump System Problem - Long Drain
Fault is displayed when the water level does not change after the drain pump is on.
--->Is the drain hose or the drain pump clogged?
--->Is the drain hose height greater than 8' (2.4 m)?
--->Is the pressure hose connection from the tub to the main control pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
--->Too much detergent.
--->Is the pump running? If not, see TEST #7: Drain Pump.

Run a cycle WITHOUT CLOTHES and WITHOUT DETERGENT on COLD ONLY and see if you get that code again.

If so--->Is the pump running? If not, see TEST #7: Drain Pump.

Jake

Jharv

Premium Member
All hose are clear and right size. I did try running without clothes and now has water stuck in it. I did that yesterday so I did not run without detergent. Can’t get water out of it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then its either something stuck in the drain pump, or the drain pump hose is clogged or the drain pump is faulty, or your not getting power to the drain pump when it should be running.

Here's the drain pump for your model:

Use a multimeter to check for 120 volts at the electrical connector that goes to the drain pump, when it should be running.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I know that, but you missed what I said here: Use a multimeter to check for 120 volts at the electrical connector that goes to the drain pump, when it should be running.

If you DON'T get 120 volts to the drain pump it will NEVER run, so I'd check for a broken wire first from the control board to the drain pump, if no broken wire then your control board is the culprit.

Here's the control board for your model:

Main Control Board Replacement W11419051 Video

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.